Thursday, April 7, 2011

Why?

Why? Why does one do what they do? If they don't know why, they shouldn't be doing it. Or at least need to take the time to sit down and think about it.

Why does Mrs. Kempton not have any chairs in her classroom? Because kids regularly decide to use them as a jungle gym. They clutter the room and kids are constantly falling out of them and distracting themselves.

Why have I chosen to study kindergarten for my SLE? Because I love the way kids at this age are so eager to learn. I love the excitement on their faces when they discover something new. I enjoy seeing the amazing progress that is made in such a short time. I enjoy the student's insightful and intelligent comments that most will disregard because of their age.

Why am I interested in knowing what makes a good teacher? Because I hope to be one someday. I want to be the type of teacher that kids will remember. The kind that inspires kids to keep learning and inspires them to retain their sense of wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment